6-ая Ежегодная конференция МЦИИР и EACES-HSE Workshop, июнь 13-14, 2017
6th Annual Conference of the International Center for the Study of Institutions and Development (ICSID) “Political Economy of Development: Exiting the Middle Income Trap” will be held at the Higher School of Economics in Moscow on June 14, 2017. The conference will follow the EACES-HSE Workshop “Topics in Political Economy of Development” on June 13.
The major goal of these events is to bring together Russian and foreign scientists in the fields of political economy, political science, economic and institutional development and stimulate the exchange of research results, ideas and knowledge. In 2017, we will continue discussing a variety of issues that we focused on during the five previous conferences organized by ICSID.
Main topics of the conference will include:
- Collective actions and public goods
- Comparative studies of governance
- Social capital, trust, and cultural norms
- Human capital and economic development
- Political elites and economic performance
- History and persistence of economic growth
The conference will feature leading scholars in political economy, including Richard Doner (Emory University), Ben Ross Schneider (MIT) and Joshua Tucker (New York University) as invited speakers.
ICSID senior associates and partners will take part in the workshop and the conference:
- Timothy Frye (Columbia University, HSE)
- Andrei Yakovlev (Higher School of Economics)
- Thomas Remington (Emory University, HSE)
- John Reuter (University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, HSE)
- David Szakonyi (George Washington University, HSE)
- Ekaterina Borisova (Higher School of Economics)
- Will Pyle (Middlebury College)
- Michael Rochlitz (Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich)
The detailed conference program will be uploaded later.
The conference and workshop working language is English. The events will take place in the HSE building at 11 Myasnitskaya Str.
Should you have any questions or require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact Olga Masyutina (omasyutina (at) hse.ru).