7th Annual ICSID Conference 2018 “Political Economy of Development: Historical and Contemporary Factors”
7th Annual Conference of the International Center for the Study of Institutions and Development (ICSID) “Political Economy of Development: Historical and Contemporary Factors” will be held at the Higher School of Economics in Moscow on June 7-9, 2018. The conference will include the EACES-HSE Workshop “Topics in Political Economy of Development” on June 7.
The major goal of these events is to stimulate the exchange of research results, ideas and knowledge. In 2018, we will continue discussing a variety of issues that we focused on during the six previous conferences organized by ICSID.
Main topics of the conference will include:
- Collective actions and public goods
- Comparative studies of governance
- Social capital, trust, and cultural norms
- Human capital and economic development
- Political elites and economic performance
- History and persistence of economic growth
The conference will bring together Russian and foreign scientists in the fields of political economy, political science, economic and institutional development, including Nan Jia (Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California), Steven Nafziger (Williams College) and Hilary Appel (Claremont McKenna College) as invited speakers.
ICSID senior associates will take part in the workshop and the conference:
- Timothy Frye (Columbia University, HSE)
- Andrei Yakovlev (Higher School of Economics)
- Thomas Remington (Emory University, HSE)
- John Reuter (University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, HSE)
- David Szakonyi (George Washington University, HSE)
- Ekaterina Borisova (Higher School of Economics)
- Noah Buckley (NYU-Abu Dhabi, HSE)
- Sarah Sokhey (University of Colorado, Boulder)
- Michael Rochlitz (Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich)
We kindly ask you to register for the events via the following link until June 5, 2018.
The detailed conference program: Conference program 2018
The conference and workshop working language is English. The event will take place in the HSE building at 20 Myasnitskaya Str., rooms 311, 513, 524.
Should you have any questions or require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact Olga Masyutina (omasyutina (at) hse.ru).