8th The Role of State in Varieties of Capitalism (SVOC) Conference
The Institute of World Economics of the Centre for Economic and Regional Studies (in collaboration with the Democracy Institute of Central European University) is organizing the 8th The Role of State in Varieties of Capitalism (SVOC) Annual International Conference in Budapest, on 24-25 November 2022.
The Centre for Economic and Regional Studies is a partner of ICSID. Andrei Yakovlev will be on the Conference’s Scientific Committee.
This year's title is "Structural Transformations in a Crises-driven World Economy”. The keynote speakers will be Professor Peter Newell (University of Sussex, UK) and Professor Björn Jindra (Copenhagen Business School).
The conference will take place in a hybrid form.
Participants are encouraged to submit their papers in one of the following categories:
- Expanding varieties of capitalism’s (VoC) theoretical framework;
- The (comparative) analysis of contemporary variants of state capitalism;
- Industrial policies in the twenty-first century;
- Structural transformation in more and less developed economies: the role of knowledge- and innovation-intensive sectors;
- Industry 4.0;
- Post-crisis models of sustainable development;
- The green transition;
- The nexus between global value chains and structural change.
Abstracts (max. 300 words) are welcome until 30 August 2022 via the EasyChair system.
See the SVOC website for more information.