2020 ASEEES Virtual Convention
ASEEES (Association for Slavic, East European, & Eurasian Studies) Virtual Convention was held online on November 5-8 and November 14-15. This year the main theme of the conference was “Anxiety and Rebellion”, six ISCID team members took part in the event.
Andrey Yakovlev was a participant in the roundtable “Two Decades of Russia’s Economic Policies: 2000-2020” together with Michael V. Alexeev (Indiana University Bloomington), Barry William Ickes (Pennsylvania State University) and Laura Solanko (Bank of Finland).
The ISCID team members gave the following papers:
- Ekaterina Borisova, Israel Marques, Regina Smyth, and Alexei Zakharov, “Who Supports the Housing Renovation Program?”
- Guzel Garifullina, “Private-public Partnership in Russian Municipalities: Which Mayors Risk More?”
- Noah Buckley, “Tried in the Court of Public Opinion: Arrests of Russian Officials and Authoritarian Regime Approval”
- Israel Marques, Ekaterina Borisova, Regina Smyth and Alexei Zakharov “The Popular Logic of Authoritarian Policymaking: Blame and Attribution in Russia”
- Ora John Edward Reuter, “Staying out of Trouble: Criminal Cases against Russian Mayors”