HSE April Conference
XVIII April International Academic Conference on Economic and Social Development organized by Higher School of Economics will take place in Moscow on April 11-14, 2017.
Head of the Institute for Industrial and Market Studies (IIMS) A. Yakovlev, IIMS Chief Research Fellow T. Dolgopyatova and Leading Research Fellows B. Kuznetsov and V. Golikova as well as other IIMS researchers will be among the Conference participants.
Andrei Yakovlev will be a moderator of several sessions:
- Session M-03. Where economic and political studies meet
- Section O. State and local government challenges
- Session L-08. Fast-growing companies in Russian economic
- Roundtable B-06/2. Prospects of development in Russian regions: views and opportunities of the regional elite
Victoria Golikovawill chair Session L-10 “Institutions and entrepreneurship”, and Ekaterina Borisova will serve as a discussant there.
Tatiana Dolgopyatova will be a co-moderator of Section L “Firms and Markets”.
The conference program will also include a PhD seminar on "Regional aspects of labour market, migration, investment, education, housing, health and other fields", organized jointly by the European Association for Comparative Economic Studies and HSE. Andrei Yakovlev is a member of the EACES Executive Committee, and is also on the Selection Committee of the seminar.
In addition, a number of papers by the IIMS and ICSID team members will be presented at the April conference:
- D. Ivanov, E. Borisova
- A. Yudanov (Financial University), A. Yakovlev
- D. Ivanov
- E. Borisova, A. Govorun, D. Ivanov
- A. Yakovlev, S. Makarov, V. Pogodaev, L. Freinkman
Can be created 'development state' in separate region of large country? Case-study of Tatarstan in Russian Federation (abstract)
- N. Ershova, A. Yakovlev, L. Freinkman
- A. Kazun
Devil’s advocate for dishonest law enforcer: who defends law enforcers in Russian courts? (abstract)